Monday 24 September 2012

Overview of the 31 Day Blog Challenge

“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it;
If you can dream it, you can become it”
William Arthur Ward

Day 24
Write a review post
I reviewed the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Day 25
That’s not our policy
I have my privacy policy and my disclaimer done and put in a draft post.  Now I have to try and fathom out how to place it on the blog!




Day 26
Watch a first time reader use your blog
I asked a friend of mine to check out my blog and not only read a couple of posts, but check the links and the design.  This was his comment:
“Wow I have read your blog and you have such good punctuation, spelling and it sounds good when read.  You have a gift for blogging” – Douglas Walker
I have also had a couple of nice comments during the challenge so that makes me happy!

Day 27
Create a sneeze page
My last post on the update of the challenge was my sneeze page with plenty of links back to other article.  Such a good idea that I would never have thought of myself!

Day 28
Use a magazine to improve your blog
I chose the Oprah magazine to see if I could improve my blog.  You will find my comments on the post “What did I learn from Oprah?”  This is also a sneeze page!

Day 29
Improve another blog
Retha Groenewald asked me to do a guest post for her.  I am not too sure if it improved her blog!

Day 30
Call your readers to action
I wrote a post on “World Peace Day” and asked my readers what they could contribute to promoting peace in the world.  No responses!

Day 31
Plan the next steps for your blog
Well this is the last day of the challenge.  Next week I start on the Ultimate Blog Challenge again so it will be back to posting every day.  I plan to add a few health tips to my blog as this is also part of the recovery process.  The other ideas I suggested in Day 4 in my first post of the challenge progress.  In between I will be checking other blogs and posts and commenting where I feel necessary. 

CONCLUSION
This challenge has taught me so much.  From here I can go forward with all the new ideas I have learned and apply it to my blog in the future.  Darren Rowse’s book can stay on my desktop for reference. The only thing troubling me is Feedburner but I will leave that until next month when a definite decision apparently is going to be made of its future.  A big thanks to Michelle Schaefer and Lisbeth Tanz for putting aside their valuable time to teach us a wealth of blogging techniques.  To all the bloggers who participated:

“Think of yourself on the threshold of unparalleled success.
A whole, clear, glorious life lies before you.
Achieve!  Achieve!  Achieve!”
Andrew Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment