Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year 2013



“Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!”

William Arthur Ward

It has just turned 12 midnight on the 31st December 2012 so by the time I post this it will be 2013.



When I look back on 2012, it was not an easy year – but with every challenge comes opportunity. 
Career challenges:
·         Wound down my accounting practice in the hopes of getting a full time job.
·         Started my blog.
·         Completed two blog challenges.
·         Signed up for every webinar I could on internet marketing.
Lessons learned:
·         I am too old to be employed!
·         I can write.
·         Blogging is a great way to make new friends and acquaintances.
·         Information overload just leads to confusion!
Personal challenges:
·         Daily work on my recovery.
·         Improving my spiritual awareness.
·         Letting go of limiting beliefs.
·         Living life on life’s terms.
Lessons learned:
·         Helping others makes it easier to help myself.
·         Follow motivating and spiritually minded people.
·         Make peace with the past and live for the moment.
·         Acceptance, forgiveness and unconditional love.

So what is in store for 2013?
I do not believe in New Years’ Resolutions - life is too short to live with regrets.
I do not believe in long term goals – I live life one day at a time.
But I do believe in dreams and inspiring yourself to do your best in all circumstances.

This is a must see:
Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008) gave his last lecture at the university Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium.  In his moving presentation, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals.
Pausch was included in TIME Magazine's 2008 list of the world's 100 most influential people. His book, "The Last Lecture," co-written by Jeff Zaslow of the Wall Street Journal and based on Pausch's now-famous talk "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," is a New York Times #1 bestseller.







Professor Randy Pausch made a surprise return to Carnegie Mellon University to deliver an inspirational speech to the Class of 2008 at the Commencement ceremony on May 18, 2008.






“Many things are thrown our way in this game of life. It's how you deal with them that shows your true character. I want all of you to feel the hope, love & passion I feel for the upcoming year & the rest of my life. I want ALL of you to not only go for your dreams, but have a damn ass good time doing it!
May Water






2 comments:

  1. tracy.rose@healthline.com16 January 2013 at 12:20

    Hi Sara,

    Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to recovery-corner.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

    Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
    Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
    Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

    Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

    Warm Regards,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just read the articles above - of course I would love you to do a guest blog post here. Let me know how you want to proceed with this - any health related topic is fine. Please get back to me asap - best email address: scafs@absamail.co.za
      Thanks so much Tracy xxx

      Delete